Friday 30 January 2015

Font Testing - Poster / Titles

For both poster and Video titles, I will need to decide on a font which will suit the narrative and apparel of the film. Since it is a heist film in which the main character is not interested, I wanted to use a semi-distorted font. I decided to test some fonts that I found against a brick wall texture as that is what I would likely use for my poster.

Font 1: BlackListed

This was the first font I found and I believe that the 1st plain black version is the best of these, the white doesn't match well with the bricks.

Font 2: Hacked

This one isn't far different from the prior Blacklisted font, however they make use of more distortions. I don't think the stroke works too well on this font.

Font 3: Assassins Dub

Although the versions with the strokes don't work out too well. The normal versions of this font may work out well for the filming itself, however I don't think it will work well on the poster.

Font 4: Munster

This font doesn't really suit the film as well as I hoped, It looks too childish for the required purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment